- Fresh ripe tomatoes
- 1 pan of boiling water
- 1 bowl of icy cold water
- Score a cross into the base of your tomatoes.
- Bring a pan of water to a boil and gently add your tomatoes in for 1-2 minutes.
- This will help to separate the skins from the flesh and will make them easy to peel.
- Remove the tomatoes from the boiling water with a slotted spoon or sieve.
- Plunge them into the cold water to stop them from cooking through. Remove them and allow them to drain.
- When they are cool enough for you to handle, you can remove the skin. Use a paring knife to remove the core.
- You now have peeled tomatoes that you can use for sauces, relishes, chutneys and to replace tinned tomatoes in any recipe.